Monday, April 2, 2012

The grass is always greener

The cattle are always excited when they move to a new pasture.  Today I happened to be outside when 180 of them were headed for new ground.  My goodness - the running!  The mooing! 

The heifers at the calf barn saw them coming and got in on the mooing too.  My sons started to moo.  Some neighbor children came over to watch them run.  It was quite the event.

I don't think most people see cattle excited.  We see it all the time.  They run and kick up their heels.  They were galloping to the new pasture - no one was chasing them.  They just really wanted to get there.   

I didn't have my camera when they first started coming, but I ran to get it after the initial rush so you could get an idea.  The last one in the video is running despite her huge udder!



They'll be just as excited when, in three days, they move to the next pasture.  It never gets old - for them or me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at your kids performing...and for a video no less!!