- We have really great employees. Dependable, cheerful, and help you get cattle in when you call. Good friends and good neighbors! They have really gone above and beyond this year.
- We also have really great families. My parents live down the road and Kris' just an hour away. They all have also been farmers for 30+ years, so they have lots of good advice and conversation.
- We have a great school and community. People always want to come and tour, ask us to come and speak to them about farming, and even make agriculture part of the educational curriculum. We love it. We'll be out and kids will say hello to me. My kids will say, "How do you know them?" Depending on whether they call me 'Carla' (swimming lessons) or 'Mrs. Wardin' (schools), I can tell them.
- Our weather has been superb. Wonderful summer, warm fall, and so far a super mild winter. I love Michigan!
- Kris can leave sometimes. It's nice to not worry about your business for a few days, and it's even nicer when no one calls because nothing goes wrong! This is not something every business owner gets to enjoy, and it's again due to great people.
- We have support to help us in our business. Thanks, vets, nutritionists, custom harvesters, cattle haulers, etc!
Here's hoping for a wonderful 2017 for all of us! Thanks, as always, for reading.
Want to know more about the farm? Like the page on Facebook, on Twitter @carlashelley, or sign up to get the blog by email - the form is on the right side of the page.