Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rain, rain, don't go away

Ah ... it's the familiar feeling of wishing it would rain.  As a girl - waiting on the front porch with my mom, begging for it to storm.  Now - going on a stroller ride with my sons, hoping we get caught in a downpour.

Today it (sort of) worked!  It wasn't so wet that we would've gotten soaked on our walk, but I was also really cold.  It's been sprinkling on and off since 4:00 p.m. 

We really need it.  Of course the crops need it, but it's so obvious it's dry.  Even the leaves of my mature trees are wilted.

We went strawberry picking today at a new place.  I told the boys the owners were fruit farmers, like we are dairy farmers. 

My son said, "We're also vegetable farmers."

His brother added, "We're also beef farmers." 

I didn't argue with them.  We sell milk for money, but we also sell cattle.  We don't sell vegetables, but we do raise crops for our herd.  Farming is farming, eh?

All of us need the rain.  Come on - POUR!

No comments: