Friday, April 8, 2011

Luck

Great day on the farm!

Things started early, when Kris met with the builder and they started staking out where the barn’s going to be. The excavation company representative was there, and he did the leveling and it was as we all hoped – we don’t need to bring in fill dirt! If the weather cooperates, they can start on Monday.

Our new tractor came. I got in – it even smelled new. Even though it’s used. My uncle Al (who owns a dairy farm in New Mexico) was here watching them unload it off the trailer and said, “Are you going to drive it, Carla?” I said, “I’ve never driven a tractor.” He couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe it. When I got in, it looked pretty easy . . .

Kris made a decision on the calf panels, which is nice to have done. Now I hope they live up to our expectations. (Bulletproof, double as whiteboards, curing disease, etc. Just kidding. Not breaking when they’re kicked would be nice.)

Kris said that a day like this on the farm just makes you feel lucky. Let’s hope that luck holds when I take the tractor out for a spin.


Out with the old


In with the new

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Pardon my ignorance, but you're missing a scooper on the front. Is it so fancy that it's hidden?