- Putting down mats for the cattle to lie on
- Renting a hammer drill to anchor them to the cement
- Getting an expensive, hard-to-find drill bit for the hammer drill
- Finding a place near our house that sells them. (No one wants to drive 30 miles to buy a drill bit.)
- Building the framework to hold the free stalls
- Screwing the free stalls into the framework
Like building anything, there are a lot of steps. But this way, the barn will be able to house more cattle - and they'll all have separate places to lie down. Padded and bedded down with straw. All the steps will be worth it - and we'll forget most of these details anyway!