Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sales

It's rainy, super windy, and cold.  This means the salesmen are making calls, because they figure people aren't in the fields. 

Before noon, Kris told me he'd talked to the New Holland dealership, crop insurance, concrete guy, cattle salesman, nutritionist, and the fertilizer salesman. 

When I was growing up, my dad often had meetings in our dining room with various sales guys.  He'd always be eating during them, because it was the only time he was home, and therefore the only time he had to eat.   

While Kris waits to eat, there's no chance my kids can.  My boys love when Kris is meeting with a salesman because it means they get to eat in the kitchen instead of the dining room.  They actually ask about it and look forward to it. 

I think that the term 'salesman' sometimes comes with a negative connotation.  I don't think of it that way.  Some of my favorite people are salesmen!  And here, running our business, we have some really good ones.  They call on the phone, they make house calls, and they don't mind my kids' screams of joy coming from the kitchen.

No comments: