Sunday, June 19, 2011

Breakfast on the Farm

Yesterday we went to a Breakfast on the Farm event at a nearby dairy farm. (There are more - you can check the link to see if there's one near you.)

We've been to it the last three years and it has really grown! It's so organized and informational. It's a free breakfast plus a farm tour, but it's much more: Equipment, feed samples, quizzes and prizes for kids, signs explaining everything, volunteers (many of them farmers) answering questions, informational tables from different organizations ... and ice cream. I think it's wonderful that farmers are hosting these breakfasts and I'm glad so many people are attending.

Since I'm asked about this a lot, I particularly liked this sign:



People from all backgrounds go to these ... even farm kids like mine. A stranger asked my son, "Do you want to be a farmer when you grow up?" My son nodded, wondering how the man guessed, until my mom said, "His dad is!"

No comments: