Tuesday, May 17, 2016

From The Wall Street Journal to a farm


Chris Galen from National Milk Producers Federation gave my name to Wall Street Journal reporter Julie Wernau, because she was looking for a dairy farmer source for a story.

She was super friendly and fun to talk with, and we discussed how milk prices affect a dairy farm's business plans.

From that conversation, she quoted me in today's article you can read here:

A Cheese Glut is Overtaking America

Some notes about this:

I have read The Wall Street Journal and been a subscriber for my entire adult life.  It's totally old school, but I love going out to get the paper every morning and reading it with my breakfast.

Dairy farming is a small community, and whenever I read articles, I look to see if I know the farmer that is quoted.

So, being the source and having it in my newspaper?  It was a nice way to start the morning, despite the sad news of the article.  I am an optimist ... maybe next year's article will be headlined 'Cheese Demand is Overtaking America'!

***

Want to know more about the farm?  Like the page on Facebook, on Twitter @carlashelley, or sign up to get the blog by email - the form is on the right side of the page.

No comments: