Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wow



I've barely had time to breathe this week - but all for good reasons!  My family is visiting, friends have been visiting, and today we held our annual Anderson Olympics and my mom won.  (She beat my dad and me in a playoff.  She was one of two people there with the last name 'Anderson', so I guess it's okay and I'm over it.  I'm not really constantly replaying in my head how I could have won.) 

Of course everything's been busy on the farm, too.  It's July!  Of course it is!  Here are two cuties (my friend Katie's kids) petting our latest red and white bull.

It's going to get a lot more colorful out on our pastures for years to come.  We bought 23 heifers from another farm, and half of them are red and white!  I like it because it reminds me of when my grandpa and dad had Guernsey cows, and I just like the way they look different than what I usually see.

It rained at the end of our Olympics tonight, which none of us minded, since we need rain so much.  Is there any better end to a day on a farm?

No comments: