Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scenes



Charlevoix! Michigan has so many pretty places to visit. We were there this weekend for a wedding. I always feel compelled to take pictures of boats on water, but I never take pictures of cars in parking lots. Maybe I'll start.



I taught the boys how to run through alfalfa. You have to turn your knees to a 90 degree angle so you can run without hitting the plants with your feet. I learned this when I was a kid and had to run across the field to get to the woods, where I would roam, hunt, gather, and make my own clothing. Just kidding! I went to play in the creek and get leeches.



Here's the pile of corn in front of the covered piles of alfalfa. The tractor in the foreground gives you a better idea of the size. I like to think of them as our mountains.

Weekend's over - back to chopping more corn tomorrow!

No comments: