Friday, December 11, 2020

Ten year anniversary of Truth or Dairy



Oh my goodness...ten years ago I said to Kris, "I think I'm going to start a blog." He was supportive of me doing what I wanted, as long as he wasn't the subject. Blogs had been super popular for awhile, I read lots of them, but since I had a two-month-old baby, two three-year-old twins, and just one freelance writing job, I felt like I had some extra time on my hands.

Honestly, I just really wanted to share what was going on. We were three years into farming, and I wanted to share with my family and my community. It's turned into a large community! 

Ten years later, here I still am, and here we still are! I also post a lot on Facebook, Instagram, and even YouTube, if you'd like to check those out.

In these ten years, we've built barns, increased our herd, poured a lot of cement for feed pads, built a lagoon, and also ... done a lot with agricultural organizations, boards, and other farmers. So much! Looking back, it's been a great decade. 

This year was terrible in so many ways, yet on the farm, everything plugged away like mostly-normal. We are so sad about all the awful things going on around us, so many people suffering, and so many businesses being forced to close by uneven policies. We really feel for our fellow business owners. I truly hope that people wake up in 2021. 

This morning I walked over to see the work on the barn project, and Kris was looking at it too. I wanted to take his picture, and he didn't want me to do it. Some things never change.



As always, thank you for reading.

Instagram - @truthordairyfarm

1 comment:

Tracy A said...

Wow. Ten years. I’m amazed and impressed.