Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wintertime, wintertime, win win wintertime

On Monday morning I walked outside to get the paper at about 6:00 a.m.  (Yes, we get a newspaper.  Two in fact!  I realize how old-school this is, but I love them.  Don't tell the internet generation ... I'll get kicked out.)  It seemed pretty nice outside.

I walked inside and checked the outdoor thermometer reading.  It was -16. 

So, after a super cold winter, -16 just seems regular.  It doesn't even seem extreme.  It's funny what you can get used to after awhile.

But that morning on the farm ...

The tractor had a flat tire.
The skid steer had a flat tire.
A hydraulic line blew in the wheel loader.
The molasses pump blew a hose fitting.

So, the cold is still affecting machines, if not people.  Don't look for any newspaper articles about it.  It's old news now.  Spring starts in 15 days!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Let the countdown begin! Also, you have a molasses pump?! Intrigue!