Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A new year!



Happy new year, everyone!  How long can we keep saying that?  At least a month?  I'm rolling with it.

My longtime friend Andrew Jenkins asked me to speak at his St Johns Rotary Club meeting.  I spoke about modern farming practices, and the community members there were great and asked fun questions.  

That morning, I'd asked my kids what I should be sure to share with them.  My youngest told me to tell people the difference between calves, heifers, and cows, because everyone calls them cows - even the boys!  I did mention that, and a woman spoke up and said, "You can tell your son I didn't know the difference," and she pointed to a woman sitting next to her - "And she didn't either!"  

It was fun, and it made me feel very fortunate I live in such a nice community.



Everything here on the farm is in winter mode.  The cows - and calves, and heifers! - get milked and fed every day, but there's not a whole lot of extras going on.  Instead, it's meeting after meeting.  This week we have Michigan Milk Producers Association meetings.

As for new things ... something new happened here that I'd never seen before.  We were outside - the boys were jumping on the trampoline and I was doing yard work because it was about 50 degrees, and it made me feel yard-worky - and Ty pointed out that there was a rainbow in the middle of the sky!  We have never seen this before.  I'll take it as a sign that 2019 is going to be AWESOME!  Of course, I'd have thought that even if I never saw it.


If you're a podcast person, there are lots of new ones up on the Michigan GROWN, Michigan GREAT site.  There's even one where I talk with the program director Elaine Bristol, who is my favorite sheep farmer.  Enjoy listening!

Happy new year ... hope it's all sunshine and rainbows.   




3 comments:

John Smith said...

Access to computers and other control systems which might provide you with information about the way the world revolves around technology should be unlimited and total. All information should be free and accessible to all. Seeing how you are being monitored by most of these tech companies. And also needing cyber help in many areas of your day to day activities, we at INTEGRATEDHACKS have come come up with a team of highly motivated and dedicated hackers to help you get access to information you are being deprived of and also protect you when necessary. Our services include and are not limited to hacking of social media accounts,email accounts, tracking of phones hacking of bank cards and many more.
Have you ever been hacked? Need to recover your stolen account, Want to monitor your kids,spouse or partner, Change your school results, track messages from an email or mobile number, secure your email accounts, phones, bank accounts and many more, INTEGRATEDHACKS is the one for you. Hundreds of our clients have their jobs done consistently and efficiently in no time. Our professional hackers for hire team is highly qualified and can hack anything or device you desire without giving the target any form of notification which makes us one of the best.
   Are you having doubts about your partner ? Worry no more. All your doubts would be cleared.


★ Contact Us today For Your Desired Hacking services via : integratedhacks@protonmail.com and experience cyber hacking like never before.

Karthick Raj said...

I really liked your article on milk product, its very useful information to all us and we as a family enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing this article with us. I recommend it for everyone to try once its a very amazing. dairy milk

sulli said...

Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

Website: bloggiaidap247.com giúp bạn giải đáp bash là gì hay bash idol là gì và nhiều thông tin hữu ích