Tuesday, December 20, 2022

#Pilkandcookies



I saw a news story about a video made by Pepsi about mixing Pepsi and milk. The hashtag was #pilkandcookies. I posted about it on Facebook, and a lot of people told me that they drank it in Laverne and Shirley, and this was an old idea resurfacing. However! We hadn't heard of it before, so we started some experiments.

First - Pepsi and milk! 

Positive reviews all around.

Cole - Tastes like carbonized milk with a little Pepsi taste. I like it. The consistency is weird. Sure, I'd drink it again.

Max - It tastes like Pepsi with the texture of milk.

Ty - Pretty good! Blends the taste. Pepsi tastes like metal and this doesn't.

For me, if I closed my eyes, I would just think I was drinking Pepsi. So it's like a ... nutritional glass of Pepsi! 

Next up - Diet Mountain Dew and whipped cream.

All of us looked askance at this combo, but...you can't deny the results!

Cole, Max l, and I liked it better than Pepsi and milk, while Ty stayed in the Pilk camp. 

Mostly this made mornings before school more fun!

 

Next a suggestion - orange pop and milk

TrueMoo sells an orange-flavored milk at Halloween called Orange Scream, and we've gotten it and liked it. 

Max - It tastes exactly like that TrueMoo orange milk. I think they're just putting pop in it.

Kris - It's pretty good. It tastes like an orange pushup.

Me - Delicious.

Cole and Ty practically in unison - Orange popsicle. 

Several friends suggested a Boston Cooler - Vernors and vanilla ice cream mixed in a blender. This is actually a Michigan drink. 

Although we had all had a Vernors float, none of us had tried it in a blender.

Kris & Ty said the exact same thing at different times - "Best one yet."

Cole - "Good to me."

Me - "Better than a float."

Max - "Weird, good ice cream."

~

What have we learned? It's all fine. No one has asked for a repeat. We drink milk every day without pop in it, and that's probably good enough for us. But I love trying them, and I love the marketing. What should we try next?!

No comments: