Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Here's to family businesses

Floyd (great grandpa), Ione (great grandma), Warren (GG grandpa), Elizabeth (GG grandma), Jean (great aunt), Dale (grandpa)

Warren and Elizabeth Casterline, my great great grandparents, bought the house I live in now and 80 acres of farmland around it in 1879. They had one child, Carrie Ione. 

She married Floyd Anderson, and they took over the farm.

Then a son - my grandpa Dale (and Caroline), then their son Jack (and my mom Cherie), and then - another daughter in the mix - me!
 
Here's to family businesses on International Women's Day!

~

We were fortunate enough to buy a field from a neighbor, and they gave me all the old purchase papers, and I saw - Warren Casterline bought it in 1879! It had the entire history of purchases, including the first one from the United States. So interesting!   


My grandma Caroline. I'm lucky to grow up down the road from my grandparents.

Floyd and Ione got married in my house! (So did Jean and Stuart!)

The core five of my family

 

No comments: